Sunday, July 06, 2008

Scrumptious Sunday / Blueberries


GRANDMA's BLUEBERRY LOAF CAKE

1/4 cup butter

1 cup sugar

1 egg, separated

1 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 pint blueberries


Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the beaten egg yolk. Add the milk, alternately with the sifted flour and baking powder. Stir in the vanilla.
Last of all, gently fold in the whites beaten to a stiff froth.
Bake in a greased and floured loaf pan in a preheated 375°F oven until cake tests done.
Remove cake from pan by running a knife along edges. Spread a little butter over the top of the cake while it is still warm, and sprinkle with granulated sugar.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Collectibles Today Annual Sale - up to 40% discoun

5 comments:

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Tried and true family recipes are so great and grandmas generally know how to cook and bake so well. :-)

Mariana Castela said...

I have never eaten blueberry, because it doesn't exist in my country, but i thought this family recipe was very yummi !

threesidesofcrazy said...

I love grandma recipes!!! This truly sounds scrumptious.

Mercedes said...

Ooohhhh~yummy! I love breads and cakes like this! I bet it is scrumptious! I have a poem about Blueberries at my place! Did you ever see the award I gave you at your other blog? Hope all is well!

Mere

Anonymous said...

We would like to feature your grandma's blueberry bread recipe on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

You can view our blog here:
blog.keyingredient.com/

 
>