Sunday, June 22, 2008

Scrumptious Sunday / Dairy


This weeks theme is DAIRY!

Butter Pecan Ice Cream (from Paula Deen)

1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2/3 cup chopped pecans
1 can evaporated milk -- (13-ounce)
1 package instant French vanilla pudding mix
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups whole milk

Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Cook the pecans over low heatuntil they are lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Place on a papertowel to drain and cool. In an 8-cup measuring cup with a spout,combine the remaining ingredients. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved.Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according tomanufacturers' instructions. Add the pecans 10 minutes into the freezing.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Butter Pecan is another of my favorites -- :-) I have many. Maybe you want to join my ice cream recipe round up. The details are on my blog.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Oh yummy!! I can't wait to try this - in fact I think I have some pecans, maybe we'll make it tonight.

Mercedes said...

Jedd's Mom loves Paula Deen! I love Butter Pecan! I have to purchase an ice cream maker ASAP! I love butter pecan sundaes that we make too: Vanilla ice cream, butterscotch topping, and pecans on top! You should save this recipe for Joy's Ice cream round-up for sure! Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip is at my place!

Gayle said...

Sandy...I've missed you. Did you ever find out why they took away your other blogs? I don't know what to celebrate anymore! :( I hope your health is good. *Gayle in Alaska*

 
>