Sunday, May 11, 2008

Scrumptious Sunday / special for Mother's Day

Scrumptious Sunday
This was my Mom's favorite salad.

TOMATO - MOZZARELLA SALAD

1/2 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese
1 head lettuce
3 lg. tomatoes, sliced or cut up
1/4 tsp. salt, optional
Vinaigrette dressing (recipe follows)

Slice cheese into 12 slices, 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Cut 12 rounds from cheese using a 2-2 1/2 inch cutter. Set aside.

Line serving platter with lettuce. Arrange tomato slices on lettuce and sprinkle tomatoes with salt, if desired. Top each tomato slice with a cheese round. Spoon dressing over salad and serve immediately.

VINAIGRETTE DRESSING:

1/2 c. olive oil
1/3 c. white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground pepper

Combine all ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously. Chill thoroughly.

2 comments:

non compos mentis said...

that looks yummy...i'l surely try it out...

chikku :)

Mercedes said...

That sounds really good! Especially with the cheese-I believe I was a mouse in my former life-lol! I hope you had a good Mother's Day with your children and grandchildren and also celebrating the memories of your mother.

You are in my thoughts and prayers during this tough journey you are traveling-I need to catch up to get an update. Thinking of you!

You can check my SS here

 
>